lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject CloudDescriptor.getNumShards() sometimes returns null
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2017 15:25:25 GMT
Hi - I've got this 2 shard/2 replica cluster. In handler i need the number of shards of the
cluster.

        cloudDescriptor = core.getCoreDescriptor().getCloudDescriptor();
        return cloudDescriptor.getNumShards();

It is, however, depending on which node is executing this, sometimes null! This code only
runs on shard leaders. First replica of the first shard always returns 2, but second replica
of shard one, even when it is the leader, always gets me null. Same appears to be true for
the second shard.

I am clearly missing something, any ideas to share?

Thanks,
Markus