lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject Solr 6.x leaking one SolrZkClient instance per second?
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2017 13:46:32 GMT
Hi,

One of our nodes became berzerk after a restart, Solr went completely nuts! So i opened VisualVM
to keep an eye on it and spotted a different problem that occurs in all our Solr 6.4.2 and
6.5.0 nodes.

It appears Solr is leaking one SolrZkClient instance per second via DistributedQueue$ChildWatcher.
That one per second is quite accurate for all nodes, there are about the same amount of instances
as there are seconds since Solr started. I know VisualVM's instance count includes objects-to-be-collected,
the instance count does not drop after a forced garbed collection round.

It doesn't matter how many cores or collections the nodes carry or how heavy traffic is.

Is this a known issue? Ticket?

Thanks,
Markus