lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Re: 1 main collection or multiple smaller collections?
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2017 05:40:21 GMT
Also, 300,000 documents is fairly small for Solr. We handle a million queries per day with
a few servers on a collection that size.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

> On Apr 26, 2017, at 10:33 PM, Walter Underwood <wunder@wunderwood.org> wrote:
>
> Do they have the same fields or different fields? Are they updated separately or together?
>
> If they have the same fields and are updated together, I’d put them in the same collection.
Otherwise, probably separate.

> wunder
> Walter Underwood
> wunder@wunderwood.org
>

>> On Apr 26, 2017, at 10:25 PM, Derek Poh <dpoh@globalsources.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>> I amplanning for a migration of a legacy searchengine to Solr.
>> Basically thedata can be categorisedinto suppliersinfo, suppliers products info and
products category info. These sets of data are related to each other.
>> suppliers products data, which is the largest, have around 300,000 records currentlyand
projected to increase.

>> Should I put these data in 1 single collection or in separate collections - eg. 1
collection for suppliers info, 1 collection for suppliers products infoand 1 collection fo
products categories info?
>> What should I consider and plan for when deciding which option to take?
>>
>> Derek

>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>> This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error,
please inform the sender immediately and delete this e-mail (including any attachments) from
your computer, and you must not use, disclose to anyone else or copy this e-mail (including
any attachments), whether in whole or in part.
>> This e-mail and any reply to it may be monitored for security, legal, regulatory
compliance and/or other appropriate reasons.