lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Rick Leir <rl...@leirtech.com>
Subject Re: Enable Gzip compression Solr 6.0
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2017 14:31:37 GMT
Hi Mahmoud
I assume you are running Solr 'behind' a web application, so Solr is not directly on the net.

The gzip compression is an Apache thing, and relates to your web application.

Connections to Solr are within your infrastructure, so you might not want to gzip them. But
maybe your setup​ is different?

Older versions of Solr used Tomcat which supported gzip. Newer versions use Zookeeper and
Jetty and you prolly will find a way.
Cheers -- Rick