lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Muhammad Imad Qureshi <imadgr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject SOLR 4.10.3 - Replication for DR strategy
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2017 13:33:26 GMT
I know this is a very old version and we are working to upgrade this to SOLR 5.5. In the meantime,
We also know how to do the replication by copying indexed data from the file system. Currently
on prod a particular shard (shard1/replica1) has a directory called “/core_node_97”. When
we move data from prod to DR, it copies data to same directory in DR (core_node97). How do
we ensure that shard is also pointing to exact same directory? In this setup, shard1/replica1
has data in core_node97 on prod but on DR the directory is “core_node1” which is not right.
I would want shard1/replica1 on DR side to point to core_node97.
I have tried exporting clusterjstate.son from zookeeper after modifying ip addresses to point
to the ip addresses from DR (but that didn't help).
ThanksImad