lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Derek Poh <d...@globalsources.com>
Subject 1 main collection or multiple smaller collections?
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2017 05:25:17 GMT
Hi
I amplanning for a migration of a legacy searchengine to Solr.
Basically thedata can be categorisedinto suppliersinfo, suppliers
products info and products category info. These sets of data are related
to each other.
suppliers products data, which is the largest, have around 300,000
records currentlyand projected to increase.

Should I put these data in 1 single collection or in separate
collections - eg. 1 collection for suppliers info, 1 collection for
suppliers products infoand 1 collection fo products categories info?
What should I consider and plan for when deciding which option to take?

Derek

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please inform
the sender immediately and delete this e-mail (including any attachments) from your computer,
and you must not use, disclose to anyone else or copy this e-mail (including any attachments),
whether in whole or in part.

This e-mail and any reply to it may be monitored for security, legal, regulatory compliance
and/or other appropriate reasons.