lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mahmoud Almokadem <prog.mahm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Enable Gzip compression Solr 6.0
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2017 03:39:57 GMT
Thanks Rick,

I already running Solr on my infrastructure and behind a web application.

The web application is working as a proxy before Solr, so I think I can compress the content
on Solr end. But I have made it on the proxy now.

Thanks again,
Mahmoud

> On Apr 12, 2017, at 4:31 PM, Rick Leir <rleir@leirtech.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Mahmoud
> I assume you are running Solr 'behind' a web application, so Solr is not directly on
the net.

> The gzip compression is an Apache thing, and relates to your web application.
>
> Connections to Solr are within your infrastructure, so you might not want to gzip them.
But maybe your setup​ is different?

> Older versions of Solr used Tomcat which supported gzip. Newer versions use Zookeeper
and Jetty and you prolly will find a way.