lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
Subject Handling of local params in QParserPlugin.createParser
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2017 22:20:25 GMT
Hi all,

As part of some interesting work creating a custom query parser, I was writing unit tests
that exercised ExtendedDismaxQParser.

So I first created the ExtendedDismaxQParserPlugin, and then used that to create the QParser
via:

        QParser parser = plugin.createParser(query, localParams, params, req);

If query is something like {!complexphrase}fieldname:”A * query”, I was expecting the
complex phrase query parser to get used, but that’s not happening - the local param is being
treated as regular text.

Which makes me think my conceptual model of local params processing is wrong, and there’s
higher level code that does a pre-processing step first.

But I was hoping that I’d get out a DisjunctionMaxQueries where one of the queries was a
ComplexPhraseQuery, which would mean the processing has to happen inside of the ExtendedDismaxQParser
code.

Any pointers for where to poke around?

Thanks,

— Ken