lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Conditions for replication to copy full index
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2017 00:30:15 GMT
On 3/6/2017 9:06 AM, Chris Ulicny wrote:
> We've recently had some issues with a 5.1.0 core copying the whole index
> when it was set to replicate from a master core.
>
> I've read that if there are documents that have been added to the slave
> core by mistake, it will do a full copy. Though we are still investigating,
> this is probably not the cause of it.
>
> Are there any other conditions in which the slave core will do a full copy
> of an index instead of only the necessary files?

There is this bug:

It lists SOLR-7134 as the cause.  The fix for the earlier issue was
released with 5.1, so your version would suffer from SOLR-9036.

The newer issue details sounds like there could be other things that
cause a full index replication in addition to a master restart.

The 5.1 version is nearly two years old.  Upgrading is advised.  You
could either go with 5.5.4 or 6.4.2.

Thanks,
Shawn