lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SOLR Atomic update of custom stored metadata clears full-text index! How to add metadata without losing full-text search
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 19:15:49 GMT
Uhm, actually, If you have copyField from multiple sources into that
_text_ field, you may be accumulating/duplicating content on update.

Check what happens to the content of that _text_ field when you do
full-text and then do an attribute update.

If I am right, you may want to have a separate "original_text" field
that you store and then have your aggregate copyField destination not
stored.

Regards,
   Alex.
----
http://www.solr-start.com/ - Resources for Solr users, new and experienced

On 8 March 2017 at 13:41, Nicolas Bouillon
<nico2000_be@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> Guys
>
> A BIG thank you, it works perfectly!!!
>
> After so much research I finally got my solution working.
>
> That was the trick, _text_ is stored and it’s working as expected.
>
> Have a very nice day and thanks a lot for your contribution.
>
> Really appreciated
>
> Nico
>> On 8 Mar 2017, at 18:26, Nicolas Bouillon <nico2000_be@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Erick, Shawn,
>>
>> Thx really a lot for your swift reaction, it’s fantastic.
>> Let me answer both your answers:
>>
>> 1) the df entry in solrconfig.xml has not been changed:
>>
>> <str name="df">_text_</str>
>>
>> 2)when I do a query for full-text search I don’t specify a field, I just enter
the string I’m looking for in the q parameter:

>> Like this: I have a ppt containing the word “Microsoft”that is called “Dynamics
365 Roadmap”, I do a query on “Microsoft”and it finds the document
>> After update, it doesn’t find it unless I search for one of my custom fields or
something in the title like “Dynamics”

>> So, my conclusion would be that you suggest I mark “_text_” as stored=true in
the schema, right?
>> And reload core or even re-index.
>>
>> Thx a bunch
>>

>>> On 8 Mar 2017, at 17:46, Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> bq: I wonder if it won’t be simpler for me to write a custom handler
>>>
>>> Probably not, that would be Java too ;)...
>>>
>>> OK, back up a bit. You can change your schema such that the full-text
>>> field _is_ stored, I don't quite know what the default field is from
>>> memory, but you must be searching against it ;). It sounds like you're
>>> using the defaults and it's _probably_ _text_. And my guess is that
>>> you're searching on that field even though you don't specify, see the
>>> "df" entry in your solrconfig.xml file. There's no reason you can't
>>> change that to stored="true" (reindex of course).
>>>
>>> Nothing that you've mentioned so far looks like it should take
>>> anything except getting your configurations to be what you need, so
>>> don't make more work for yourself than you need to ;).
>>>
>>> After that, see the link Shawn provided...
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Erick

I then call SOLR as follows:

. $id . "&filetypes=*&commit=true

fields) and my customer fields are stored=true.

files where I would like to update my fields (kref, …) without re-extracting and I’d like
also to allow for re-indexing if needed without overriding my fields.

handler of some sort but I don’t really program in Java.

Under

in my ERP: invoices, timesheets, contracts, etc...
and when I view an invoice for instance, I can see the attached documents.

the table documents from my DB and decided to use SOLR to add metadata to the documents in
the index.

it to SOLR using "extract" adding the metadata at the same time. It works fine.

altogether at upload (documents uploaded before I developed the functionality), I'd like to
update them with the proper metadata without losing the full-text search

extract instead of an update when I modify a field but I'm pretty sure it's not the right
thing to do + performance problems can arise.

(in DB or separate XML file individually or one XML for all) but I'm pretty sure it will be
very slow after a while.

I may have done wrong…I learn fast, don’t worry..