lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom FieldTypes
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2017 19:20:24 GMT
You'd use CloneField URP
http://www.solr-start.com/javadoc/solr-lucene/org/apache/solr/update/processor/CloneFieldUpdateProcessorFactory.html

Then you do your custom algorithm. Or - as I just remembered - use one
of the hash ones described in dedupe section:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/De-Duplication (which
don't see to require CloneField anyway).

Regards,
   Alex.
----
http://www.solr-start.com/ - Resources for Solr users, new and experienced

On 22 March 2017 at 14:55, Ronald Wood <rwood@smarsh.com> wrote:
> I suppose it could be, but the flexibility of using copy directives is appealing for
handling multiple fields as defined in the schema.

> Since I have rarely looked at the UpdateRequestProcessor, I guess I don’t know if it
could take multiple fields to hash, and if so how that would be expressed.