lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Derek Poh <d...@globalsources.com>
Subject to handle expired documents: collection alias or delete by id query
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2017 06:10:39 GMT
Hi

I have collections of products. I am doing indexing 3-4 times daily.
Every day there are products that expired and I need to remove them from
these collectionsdaily.

Ican think of 2 ways to do this.
1. using collection aliasto switch between a main and temp collection.
- clear and index the temp collection
- create alias to temp collection.
- clear and index the main collection.
- create alias to main collection.

this way require additional collections.

2. get list of expired products and generate deleteby id queries to the
collections.

Would like to get some advice on which way should I adopt?

Derek

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please inform
the sender immediately and delete this e-mail (including any attachments) from your computer,
and you must not use, disclose to anyone else or copy this e-mail (including any attachments),
whether in whole or in part.

This e-mail and any reply to it may be monitored for security, legal, regulatory compliance
and/or other appropriate reasons.