lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Re: Use case for the Shingle Filter
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2017 05:51:09 GMT
I use the shingle filter to help with the “one word or two” problem. Is it “baby sitter”
or “babysitter”? With the shingle filter, searches for “babysitter” will work for
content with “baby sitter”, but not the other way around.

If you can identify a list of the one/two-word compounds that are in your content, synonyms
are a better solution.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org