lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From aruninfo100 <arunabraham...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Exception while integrating openNLP with Solr
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2017 00:08:35 GMT
Hi,

I applied the LUCENE-2899.patch which provide the openNLP capabilities to
solr for nlp capabilities.One such feature it provides is
lemmatization,which helps to match the root word.But integrating the same
was too much time consuming(indexing). It provides you with POS,Sentence
detection,Named entity recognition too.As u said here too models has to be
trained for better performance.

I am also trying to use  POS-tagging:

<filter class="solr.OpenNLPFilterFactory"
posTaggerModel="opennlp/en-pos-maxent.bin"/>

I tried analyzing the output through this filter from solr admin UI and I
could see the tagging.
I haven't trained the model-en-pos-maxent.bin as of now.

It will be helpful if you can help me in providing details on:
I can build on top of the knowledge provided by you on:

1.How good the training data should be.Things to be noticed.
2.Training tool you have used.openNLP provides command line interface for
training and also APIs.
3.The schema structure to follow.
4.Query structure.

Thanks once again for spending time on my queries :) .

Thanks and Regards,
Arun