lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Kelly, Frank" <frank.ke...@here.com>
Subject Copying SolrCloud collections (Replication? Backup/Restore?)
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2017 18:12:08 GMT
Hello,

  We have a 100M+ documents across 2 collections and need to reindex the entirety of the Collections
as we need to turn on “docValues”:true on a number of fields (see previous emails from
this week :-] ).
Unfortunately we have 4 AWS regions each with their own SolrCloud cluster each with its own
copy of the entire search index.
So we have to do this reindex 4 times and in each case we have to take down each region as
we need to delete the collection. And reindexing takes about 2-3 days.

Is there someway we can reindex in one (offline) region and then use some mechanism - replication?
Backup/restore? EBS snapshot? to “copy and paste” a known Solr state from one SolrCloud
instance to another.
>From that state then we’d just reindex the delta (from when the snapshot was taken to
now)

Appreciate any thoughts or ideas or hear how other folks do it,

Thanks!

-Frank

Frank Kelly

Principal Software Engineer