lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using parameter values in a sort
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2017 01:26:11 GMT
Hmm, the syntax can be tricky. I'd start with a vanilla solrconfig.xml and
get the syntax right just with curl or the browser, _then_ go to
trying to embed it in solrconfig.xml.

What error are you getting anyway?

Erick

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 4:17 PM, Walter Underwood <wunder@wunderwood.org> wrote:
> We have documents with parameterized features. For a school subject (calculus, accounting),
we have three sets of features. So for subject=4 and subject=186, we have:

> feature_a_4: 0.9
> feature_b_4: 1.6
> feature_c_4: 8.2
> feature_a_186: 3.0
> feature_b_186: 2.1
> feature_c_186: 99.2
>
> I’d like to pass in the subject IDs and make a function query (for sorting) from those,
ending up with

> sum(feature_x, feature_y, feature_a_4, feature_b_4, feature_c_4, feature_a_186, feature_b_186,
feature c_186) desc

> That would be used for the sort parameter.
>
> Failing that, it would be nice so just pass in the parameterized portion, like this:
>
> /handler?features=feature_a_4,feature_b_4,feature_c_4,feature_a_186,feature_b_186,feature
c_186

> Right now, I can’t even make a solrconfig.xml that will load. I’ve read everything
I can find on params and function queries.