lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Promote documents if they are present in the search results
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2017 17:14:11 GMT
Could you do a basic boost query with a list of all those document
ids. If they are in results, their relevance is boosted. If they are
not, they are just ignored.

You could have that boost query configured in the solrconfig.xml or
passed in by a client.

Regards,
   Alex
----
http://www.solr-start.com/ - Resources for Solr users, new and experienced

On 3 February 2017 at 12:06, Alexandre Drouin
<alexandre.drouin@orckestra.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am developing a new feature in my product where an administrator can select a list
of documents for different sections of the application.  You can think of this feature as
the classic categorization in an e-commerce site (e.g.: Boots, Headgear, etc).  Since this
categorization is different depending on the section/category I cannot easily store which
documents are promoted in Solr itself.  I know ahead of time which documents should be promoted
for which section so I would like to know if there is a way to "pass" these documents to Solr
and have them at the top of the list if they are found in the search results.

> For example let's say that I have the following documents:
>     - Doc1 (name: A, Age: 12)
>     - Doc2 (name: B, Age: 24)
>     - Doc3 (name: C, Age: 36)
>
> I would like to promote Doc3 at the top of the list and if someone search for "name:B"
or "Age:12" the results should not include Doc3 because it did not match the query.

> I looked at QueryElevationComponent and it doesn't do exactly what I want: the component
is based on a "query" and this query can be different in my use case.  I know I can use the
"elevatedIds" parameter to elevate documents however they are always elevated even if they
are not present in the search results.