lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Re: Setting Solr data dir isn't really working (6.3.0)
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2017 18:42:58 GMT
Running with this, which works they way we want.

  <dataDir>/solr/data/${solr.core.name}</dataDir>

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

> On Feb 24, 2017, at 10:08 AM, Walter Underwood <wunder@wunderwood.org> wrote:
>
> Dang it. I know better than that, but I was blindly following the docs. Which means the
docs have a problem, since they are recommending something that should not be recommended.

> Putting variable data on a different volume is very common. Official support for that
goes at least as far back as Unix V7 (1979), with /var. It should be easy to do in Solr.

> I expected to see the shard names as directories under /solr/data, but I now remember
that I need to set that with a variable.

> Time to delete everything and rebuild everything again.
>
> wunder
> Walter Underwood
> wunder@wunderwood.org
>

>> On Feb 24, 2017, at 8:30 AM, Shawn Heisey <apache@elyograg.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 2/23/2017 6:41 PM, Walter Underwood wrote:
>>> I did this in the solrconfig.xml for both collections (tutors and questions).

>>> <dataDir>/solr/data</dataDir>
>>>
>>> I deleted the old collection indexes, reloaded, restarted, and created a new
collection for “tutors". And I see this on the disk.