lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Hendrik Haddorp <hendrik.hadd...@gmx.net>
Subject create collection gets stuck on node restart
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2017 09:59:41 GMT
Hi,

I have a SolrCloud setup with 5 nodes and am creating collections with a
replication factor of 3. If I kill and restart nodes at the "right" time
during the creation process the creation seems to get stuck. Collection
data is left in the clusterstate.json file in ZooKeeper and no
collections can be created anymore until this entry gets removed. I can
reproduce this on Solr 6.2.1 and 6.3, while 6.3 seems to be somewhat
less likely to get stuck. Is Solr supposed to recover from data being
stuck in the clusterstate.json at some point? I had one instance where
it looked like data was removed again but normally the data does not
seem to get cleaned up automatically and just blocks any further
collection creations.

I did not find anything like this in Jira. Just SOLR-7198 sounds a bit
similar even though it is about deleting collections.

regards,
Hendrik