lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "M, Arjun (Nokia - IN/Bangalore)" <arju...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: Best and efficient way to find out whether set of records available in Solr
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 07:19:32 GMT
Hi Erick,

	Let me put it in other way.

	Id : 1,2,3 are present in solr db.

	I query with query param id with values 3,4,5,6, it should return 4,5,6(records not present
in solr)

Thanks & Regards,
       Arjun M

-----Original Message-----
From: Erick Erickson [mailto:erickerickson@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 11:18 AM
To: solr-user <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Best and efficient way to find out whether set of records available in Solr

bq: if below are the records available in solr, I need to whether id
with values 3,4,5,6 are available in solr or not

This just doesn't make sense to me. _How_ do you decide you want to
know certain docs aren't available? What relation is there between the
presence of docs 1, 2 and 3 and the absence of 3, 4, 5, 6? And you've
said that doc 3 is available, but then asked to be informed that it's
_not_ available.

And what does "unavailable" mean? By what criteria?

Best,
Erick

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 9:39 PM, M, Arjun (Nokia - IN/Bangalore)
<arjun.m@nokia.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>         I have an use case where I need to find out whether a set of records are available
in Solr. Please suggest best and efficient way to achieve it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

>         For eg : if below are the records available in solr, I need to whether id with
values 3,4,5,6 are available in solr or not. I want the query to return list of unavailable
records.