lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From mohan sundaram <mohanmc...@gmail.com>
Subject Arabic words search in solr
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2017 19:12:18 GMT
Hi,

In solr search I want to search with product name using Arabic letters.
While searching, Arabic user can feel little default to search some product
name. Because some characters need to mention while searching.

Ex: إ أ آ

In the above mentioned characters, user can get combination of shift key.
Usually if Arabic people will mention “ ا “  character and will get the
below combined words.

Ex: إبرا

In my solr schema.xml I defined product arabic name field as below

<field name="productNameArabic" type="text_ar" indexed="true"
stored="true"/>

  <fieldType name="text_ar" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">

      <analyzer>

words="lang/stopwords_ar.txt" />

        <filter class="solr.ArabicNormalizationFilterFactory"/>

        <filter class="solr.ArabicStemFilterFactory"/>

      </analyzer>

    </fieldType>

What changes I have do in schame.xml. Please help me on this.

 --
Regards,
Mohan.N