lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Moenieb Davids <Moenieb.Dav...@gpaa.gov.za>
Subject RE: Help needed in breaking large index file into smaller ones
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2017 14:06:08 GMT
Hi,

Try split on linux or unix

split -l 100 originalfile.csv
this will split a file into 100 lines each

see other options for how to split like size

-----Original Message-----
From: Narsimha Reddy CHALLA [mailto:chnreddy15@gmail.com]
Sent: 09 January 2017 12:12 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Help needed in breaking large index file into smaller ones

Hi All,

      My solr server has a few large index files (say ~10G). I am looking for some help on
breaking them it into smaller ones (each < 4G) to satisfy my application requirements.
Are there any such tools available?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
NRC

GPAA e-mail Disclaimers and confidential note

This e-mail is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee only.
If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use the contents
or disclose them to any other person. Please notify the sender immediately
and delete the e-mail. This e-mail is not intended nor
shall it be taken to create any legal relations, contractual or otherwise.
Legally binding obligations can only arise for the GPAA by means of
a written instrument signed by an authorised signatory.