lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: no dataimport-handler defined!
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2017 23:39:09 GMT
On 1/24/2017 5:43 AM, Chris Rogers wrote:
> Having frustrating issues with getting SOLR 6.4.0 to recognize the existence of my DIH
config. I’m using Oracle Java8 jdk on Ubuntu 14.04.

> The DIH .jar file appears to be loading correctly. There are no errors in the SOLR logs.
It just says “Sorry, no dataimport-handler defined” in the SOLR admin UI.

A user on the IRC channel has run into what seems to be the same problem.

This bug is caused by a change in the SolrInfoMBean class, part of some
cleanup for new metrics.  The output of the handler that normally lives
at /admin/mbeans changed -- what used to be QUERYHANDLER is now just
QUERY, so the admin UI is asking for the wrong category.  This problem
can be fixed in the binary download by editing the following file to
change QUERYHANDLER to QUERY, being careful to only change the uppercase
version of that string:

solr/server/solr-webapp/webapp/js/angular/controllers/dataimport.js

I have filed an issue to deal with the problem:

Fixing it is easy enough ... but perhaps a test that checks the UI
operation would be a good idea.  I've got no idea how to write that test.

Thanks,
Shawn