lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Collection API CREATE creates name like '<name>_shard1_replica1'
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2016 14:04:26 GMT
On 12/14/2016 1:36 AM, Sandeep Khanzode wrote:
> I uploaded (upconfig) config (schema and solrconfig XMLs) to Zookeeper
> and then linked (linkconfig) the confname to a collection name. When I
> attempt to create a collection using the API like this
> .../solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=abc&numShards=1&collection.configName=abc
> it creates a collection core named abc_shard1_replica1 and not simply
> abc.

This is exactly what it is supposed to do.  These are the *core* names.
Each core is a shard replica.  The minimum value for shard count and
replica count is 1.  When making queries or update requests to Solr, you
can still use the "abc" name, and SolrCloud will figure out which cores
on which machines need to receive the request.

Thanks,
Shawn