lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jichi Guo <jichi...@gmail.com>
Subject Best practices to debug Solr search in production without all fields stored
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2016 20:01:44 GMT
Hi everyone,

I found it convenient to debug Solr search results if I mark all fields to be
"stored=true" in schema.

For example, given a document, I could check why it is not returned in a query
with debug=true.

But in production, most of the fields have "stored=false" for performance
reason.

I am wondering what would be the recommended approaches to easily reason Solr
search results if some used fields are not stored?

Thanks!

Sent from [Nylas N1](https://link.nylas.com/link/5tkvmhpozan5j5h3lhni487b/loca
l-32350514-1e41/0?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fnylas.com%2Fn1%3Fref%3Dn1&r=c29sci11c
2VyQGx1Y2VuZS5hcGFjaGUub3Jn), the extensible, open source mail client.

![](https://link.nylas.com/open/5tkvmhpozan5j5h3lhni487b/local-32350514-1e41?r
=c29sci11c2VyQGx1Y2VuZS5hcGFjaGUub3Jn)