lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Webster Homer <webster.ho...@sial.com>
Subject Cannot use Properties in a CDCR Request Handler Definition
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2016 16:43:55 GMT
I have been testing and setting up CDCR replication between Solrcloud
instances.

We are currently using Solr 6.2

We have a lot of collections and a number of environments for testing and
deployment. It seemed that using properties in the cdcrRequestHandler would
help a lot. Since we have a naming convention and collection names should
be the same between clouds I tried using property names for the source and
target collection, and for the target Zookeeper.

We also use the Config-API to create and change the request handler.
{"responseHeader": {"status": 0,"QTime": 2},"overlay": {"znodeVersion": 17,"
requestHandler": {"/cdcr": {"name": "/cdcr","class": "
solr.CdcrRequestHandler","replica": {"zkHost": "${targetZk}","source":
"${solr.core.collection}","target": "${solr.core.collection}"},"replicator
": {"threadPoolSize": 2,"schedule": 500,"batchSize": 128},"
updateLogSynchronizer": {"schedule": 60000}}},"userProps": {"targetZk": "
stldeepx06.sial.com:2181/solr"}}}

I cannot get this to work unless I remove all the property definitions and
use the real names:
This works:
{"responseHeader": {"status": 0,"QTime": 2},"overlay": {"znodeVersion": 17,"
requestHandler": {"/cdcr": {"name": "/cdcr","class": "
solr.CdcrRequestHandler","replica": {"zkHost": "
stldeepx06.sial.com:2181/solr","source": "sial-catalog-product","target": "
sial-catalog-product"},"replicator": {"threadPoolSize": 2,"schedule": 500,"
batchSize": 128},"updateLogSynchronizer": {"schedule": 60000}}}}}

replication fails when any of the parameters are properties. Even though
the documentation has an example that uses properties.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=62687462#CrossDataCenterReplication(CDCR)-InitialStartup

This seems like a defect, at least a problem with the docs, but I would
expect properties to work, or is it just that it doesn't work with the
Config-API?

Thanks,
Web

-- 


This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or 
otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, 
you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to 
any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please 
notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment 
from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its 
subsidiaries do not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this 
message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages 
resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and 
any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its 
subsidiaries do not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does 
not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted 
therewith.

Click http://www.merckgroup.com/disclaimer to access the German, French, 
Spanish and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message