lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Copying Tokens
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2016 19:05:36 GMT
Multilingual is - hard - fun. What you are trying to do is probably
not super-doable as copyField copies original text representation. You
don't want to copy tokens anyway, as your query-time analysis chains
are different too.

I would recommend looking at the books first.

Mine talks about languages (for older Solr version) and happens to use
English and Russian :-) You can read it for free at:
* https://www.packtpub.com/mapt/book/Big%20Data%20&%20Business%20Intelligence/9781782164845
(Free sample is the whole book :-) )
* multilingual setup is the last section/chapter
* Source code is at: https://github.com/arafalov/solr-indexing-book

There is also large chapter in the "Solr in Action" (chapter 14) that
has 3 different strategies, including one that multiplexes code using
custom field type.

There might be others, but I can't remember off the top of my head.
But it is a problem books tend to cover, because it is known to be
thorny.

Regards,
   Alex.
----