lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Prateek Jain J <prateek.j.j...@ericsson.com>
Subject RE: solr | performance warning
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2016 16:58:03 GMT

Thanks EricK

Regards,
Prateek Jain

-----Original Message-----
From: Erick Erickson [mailto:erickerickson@gmail.com]
Sent: 21 November 2016 04:32 PM
To: solr-user <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Subject: Re: solr | performance warning

_when_ are you seeing this? I see this on startup upon occasion, and I _think_ there's a JIRA
about startup opening more than one searcher on startup.
If it _is_ on startup, you can simply ignore it.

If it's after the system is up and running, then you're probably committing too frequently.
"Too frequently" means your autowarm interval is longer than your commit interval. It's usually
best to just let autocommit handle this BTW.

This is totally on a per-core basis. You won't get this warning if you commit to coreA and
coreB simultaneously, only if you commit to an individual core too frequently.

Best,
Erick

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 7:47 AM, Prateek Jain J <prateek.j.jain@ericsson.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am observing following error in logs, any clues about this:
>
> 2016-11-06T23:15:53.066069+00:00@solr@@
> org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore:1650 - [my_custom_core] PERFORMANCE
> WARNING: Overlapping onDeckSearchers=2
>
> Slight web search suggests that it could be a case of too-frequent commits. I have multiple
cores running in solr, so one or the other would be commiting at some time. Any clues/pointers/suggestions?