lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Editing schema and solrconfig files
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2016 22:20:06 GMT
We had the bright idea of allowing editing of the config files through
the UI... but the ability to upload arbitrary XML is a security
vulnerability, so that idea was nixed.

The solr/bin script has an upconfig and downconfig command that are (I
hope) easier to use than zkcli, I think from 5.5. In Solr 6.2 the
solr/bin script has been enhanced to allow other ZK operations. Not
quite what you were looking for, but I thought I'd mention it.

There are some ZK clients out there that'll let you edit files
directly in ZK, and I know IntelliJ also has a plugin that'll allow
you to do that from the IDE, don't know about Eclipse but I expect it
does.

I usually edit them locally and set up a shell script to push them up
as necessary...

FWIW,
Erick