lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Pablo Anzorena <anzorena.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Posting files 405 http error
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 18:18:24 GMT
When I manually copy one collection to another, I copy the core.properties
from the source to the destination with the name core.properties.unloaded
so there is no problem.

So the steps I'm doing are:
1> index to my source collection.
2>Copy the directory of the source collection, excluding the
core.properties.
3>Copy the core.properties under the name of core.properties.unloaded to
the destination.
4>Create the collection in the destination.
5>Use the ADDREPLICA command to add replicas.

With these it throws the error.

They are very similar to those you mentioned, but instead you first create
the destination collection and then copy the data. The problem I face with
your approach is that unless I unload my collection, solr doesn't realize
there is data indexed.

2016-11-03 14:54 GMT-03:00 Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com>:

> Wait. What were you doing originally? Just copying the entire
> SOLR_HOME over or something?
>
> Because one of the things each core carries along is a
> "core.properties" file that identifies
> 1> the name of the core, something like collection_shard1_replica1
> 2> the name of the collection the core belongs to
>
> So if you just copy a directory containing the core.properties file
> from one place to another _and_ they're pointing to the same Zookeeper
> then the behavior is undefined.
>
> And if you _don't_ point to the same zookeeper, your copied collection
> isn't registered with ZK so that's a weird state as well.
>
> If your goal is to move things from one collection to another, here's
> a possibility (assuming the nodes can all "see" each other).
>
> 1> index to your source collection
> 2> create a new destination collection
> 3a> use the "fetchindex" command to move the relevant indexes from the
> source to the destination, see
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Index+
> Replication#IndexReplication-HTTPAPICommandsfortheReplicationHandler
> 3b> instead of <3a>, manually copy the data directory from the source
> to each replica.
> 4> In either 3a> or 3b>, it's probably easier to create a leader-only
> (replicationFactor=1) destination collection then use the ADDREPLICA
> command to add replicas, that way they'll all sync automatically.
>
> Best,
> Erick
>
> On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Pablo Anzorena <anzorena.fing@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Thanks Shawn.
> >
> > Actually there is no load balancer or proxy in the middle, but even if
> > there was, how would you explain that I can index if a create a
> completely
> > new collection?
> >
> > I figured out how to fix it. What I'm doing is creating a new collection,
> > then unloading it (by unloading all the shards/replicas), then copy the
> > data directory from the collection in the other solrcloud, and finally
> > creating again the collection. It's not the best solution, but it works,
> > nevertheless I still would like to know what's causing the problem...
> >
> > It's worth to mention that I'm not using jetty, I'm using solr-undertow
> > https://github.com/kohesive/solr-undertow
> >
> > 2016-11-03 12:56 GMT-03:00 Shawn Heisey <apache@elyograg.org>:
> >
> >> On 11/3/2016 9:10 AM, Pablo Anzorena wrote:
> >> > Thanks for the answer.
> >> >
> >> > I checked the log and it wasn't logging anything.
> >> >
> >> > The error i'm facing is way bizarre... I create a new fresh collection
> >> and
> >> > then index with no problem, but it keeps throwing this error if i copy
> >> the
> >> > collection from one solrcloud to the other and then index.
> >> >
> >> > Any clue on why is this happening?
> >>
> >> Solr's source code doesn't seem to even have a 405 error, so I bet
> >> what's happening is that you have Solr sitting behind a proxy or load
> >> balancer, and that server doesn't like the request you sent, so it
> >> rejects it and Solr never receives anything.
> >>
> >> Here's an excerpt of code from the SolrException class in the master
> >> branch:
> >>
> >>   /**
> >>    * This list of valid HTTP Status error codes that Solr may return in
> >>    * the case of a "Server Side" error.
> >>    *
> >>    * @since solr 1.2
> >>    */
> >>   public enum ErrorCode {
> >>     BAD_REQUEST( 400 ),
> >>     UNAUTHORIZED( 401 ),
> >>     FORBIDDEN( 403 ),
> >>     NOT_FOUND( 404 ),
> >>     CONFLICT( 409 ),
> >>     UNSUPPORTED_MEDIA_TYPE( 415 ),
> >>     SERVER_ERROR( 500 ),
> >>     SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE( 503 ),
> >>     INVALID_STATE( 510 ),
> >>     UNKNOWN(0);
> >>     public final int code;
> >>
> >>     private ErrorCode( int c )
> >>     {
> >>       code = c;
> >>     }
> >>     public static ErrorCode getErrorCode(int c){
> >>       for (ErrorCode err : values()) {
> >>         if(err.code == c) return err;
> >>       }
> >>       return UNKNOWN;
> >>     }
> >>   };
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Shawn
> >>
> >>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message