lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From John Bickerstaff <j...@johnbickerstaff.com>
Subject Documentation of Zookeeper's specific roles and functions in Solr Cloud?
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2016 16:49:47 GMT
All,

I've thought I understood that Solr search requests are made to the Solr
servers and NOT Zookeeper directly.  (I.E. Zookeeper doesn't decide which
Solr server responds to requests and requests are made directly to Solr)

My new place tells me they're sending requests to Zookeeper - and those are
getting sent on to Solr by Zookeeper - -- this is news to me if it's true...

Is there any documentation of exactly the role(s) played by Zookeeper in a
SolrCloud setup?