lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Comcast <mussho...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: field set up help
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 14:52:45 GMT
Perfect. Just had to wrap the pho curl request URL with urlencode and it worked

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 17, 2016, at 5:56 PM, Kris Musshorn <musshorns@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> This q={!prefix f=metatag.date}2016-10 returns zero records

are performantly possible.   And in the case of the query type you mentioned, the text/string’ish
indexing you’ve done is suited quite well to prefix queries to grab dates by year, year-month,
and year-month-day.   But you could, if needed to get more sophisticated with date queries
(DateRangeField is my new favorite) you can leverage ParseDateFieldUpdateProcessorFactory
without having to change the incoming format.

>        Erik
>

>> On Nov 17, 2016, at 1:55 PM, KRIS MUSSHORN <musshorns@comcast.net> wrote:
>>

>> I have a field in solr 5.4.1 that has values like:
>> 2016-10-15
>> 2016-09-10
>> 2015-10-12
>> 2010-09-02
>>
>> Yes it is a date being stored as text.
>>
>> I am getting the data onto solr via nutch and the metatag plug in.
>>
>> The data is coming directly from the website I am crawling and I am not able to change
the data at the source to something more palpable.

>> The field is set in solr to be of type TextField that is indexed, tokenized, stored,
multivalued and norms are omitted.

>> Both the index and query analysis chains contain just the whitespace tokenizer factory
and the lowercase filter factory.