lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Derek Poh <d...@globalsources.com>
Subject Re: Break up a supplier's documents (products) from dominating search result.
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2016 00:19:34 GMT
Alex

Hope I understand what you meant by positive business requirements.
With a few supplier's products dominating the first page of a search
result, the sales will not be able to convince prospectiveor existing
clients to sign up.
They would like the results tofeature other supplier's products as well.
To the extreme case, they were thinking of displaying the results tobe
in such order
Supplier A product
Supplier B product
Supplier C product
Supplier A product
Supplier B product
Supplier C product

Theyare alright with implementing this logic tothe first page only
andsubsequent pages will be as per current logic if it is not possible
to implement it to the entire search result.

Will take a lookat Collapse and Expandto seeif it can help.