lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Wartes <jwar...@whitepages.com>
Subject Re: CodaHale metrics for Solr 6?
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 23:53:47 GMT
Expanding on my comment on the ticket, I’m really quite happy with using codahale/dropwizard
metrics with Solr. I don’t know if I’m comfortable just sharing a screenshot of the resulting
grafana dashboard, but I’ve got, per-host:

- Percentile latencies and rates for GET vs POST (which in solrcloud generally maps to top-level-query
vs shard-request & update) (From the jetty-metrics plugin)
- Log rates by log level (from the logging-metrics plugin)
- GC time (from the jvm-metrics plugin)
- Thread counts (same)
- Percentile latencies and rates per query “performance class” (from my metrics-aware
backup request handler - https://github.com/whitepages/SOLR-4449)
- Backup request rates (same)

I’ve been agitating the idea of getting metrics more tightly integrated for at least a year,
maybe longer. I’ve been using the jetty metrics plugin since at least Solr 4.9, and have
upgraded and re-added it at least twice.