lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Mohan, Sowmya" <Sowmya.Mo...@icf.com>
Subject RE: CachedSqlEntityProcessor with delta-import
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2016 20:02:13 GMT
Thanks James. That's what I was using before. But I also wanted to perform deletes using deletedPkQuery
and hence switched to delta imports. The problem with using deletedPkQuery with the full import
is that dataimporter.last_index_time is no longer accurate.

Below is an example of my deletedPkQuery. If run the full-import for a differential index,
that would update the last index time. Running the delta import to remove the deleted records
then wouldn't do anything since nothing changed since the last index time.

 deletedPkQuery="SELECT id
			FROM content
			WHERE active = 1 AND lastUpdate > '${dataimporter.last_index_time}'"

-----Original Message-----
From: Dyer, James [mailto:James.Dyer@ingramcontent.com]
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2016 4:23 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: CachedSqlEntityProcessor with delta-import

Sowmya,

My memory is that the cache feature does not work with Delta Imports.  In fact, I believe
that nearly all DIH features except straight JDBC imports do not work with Delta Imports.
 My advice is to not use the Delta Import feature at all as the same result can (often more-efficiently)
be accomplished following the approach outlined here: https://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandlerDeltaQueryViaFullImport

James Dyer
Ingram Content Group