lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Preeti Bhat <preeti.b...@shoregrp.com>
Subject RE: Using nested subdocuments in SOLR
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2016 13:05:06 GMT
HI Alexandre,

I have below questions.
1) need to tag your parent/child documents with document type-> What do we mean by this?
Should this be done in the schema.xml /managed-schema.
2) When we say individual id's what do we mean? I am asking this because, I might have the
child ids and parent ids as same. For example, the Company Link Id could be 1 and so could
be id=1

Thanks and Regards,
Preeti Bhat

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexandre Rafalovitch [mailto:arafalov@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 6:06 PM
To: solr-user
Subject: Re: Using nested subdocuments in SOLR

(tl;dr) Yes

Solr supports nested documents, with the company link instances becoming children records/documents.
However, they are stored separately, so the parent and child documents would be searched and
return separately unless you use appropriate queries, document transformers, etc.

You'd also need to tag your parent/child documents with document type (obviously, CompanyLink
for child documents here) and assign individual IDs.

SolrJ supports nested documents too.

Regards,
   Alex.
----
Solr Example reading group is starting November 2016, join us at http://j.mp/SolrERG Newsletter
and resources for Solr beginners and intermediates:
http://www.solr-start.com/

On 24 October 2016 at 05:46, Preeti Bhat <preeti.bhat@shoregrp.com> wrote:
> HI All,
>
> I have a requirement which needs the documents to be stored in the below format. Could
someone please advise on whether this is possible in SOLR?

> {
> Id:1
> Name:"ABC"
> CompanyLink:[ {CompanyId:2, email:abc.bcd@dba.com} , {CompanyId:4,
> email:abc.bcd@dbcc.com}
>                         ]
> }
>
> Is this achievable through SOLRJ? Also, is there any expected impact on performance of
the search or index due to storage in this format?

> Thanks and Regards,
> Preeti Bhat
>

> NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS: This communication may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this communication in error) please
notify the sender and it-support@shoregrp.com immediately, and destroy this communication.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this communication
is strictly forbidden. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should
check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability