lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Preeti Bhat <preeti.b...@shoregrp.com>
Subject Can we query across collections in SOLR?
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 11:42:16 GMT
Hi All,

I have an requirement where in SQL we have two different sets of data like Company and Contact
in SQL.

We are planning to get this to SOLR, I wanted to know whether we can have two separate collections
in SOLR and say have a link between them with say id of one collection or if there any better
way to get this done. Can we query this data directly?

I am searching by say below fields.

? Company ID  -> Get all the contacts linked to this?

? Contact ID-> Get all details of the company linked to this contact along with contact
details.

Could someone suggest if there is any expected impact on performance while indexing  or searching?

Thanks and Regards,

Preeti Bhat

Thanks and Regards,
Preeti Bhat
Shore Group Associates LLC
(C) +91-996-644-8187
www.ShoreGroupAssociates.com<http://www.shoregroupassociates.com/>

NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS: This communication may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this communication in error) please
notify the sender and it-support@shoregrp.com immediately, and destroy this communication.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this communication
is strictly forbidden. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should
check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability