lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Roth <matthew.g.r...@yale.edu>
Subject Re: PDF writer
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 13:58:00 GMT
Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the thoughtful response on middleware and the solr philosophy.
You are correct and I intend to handle this outside of Solr. This inquiry
was me doing some forethought on a distant project. When I see an
XSLTResponseWriter the jump-to-conclusions part of my brain jumps to PDF.
The separation you are describing is very logical.

At this point I intend to make use of an XSLTresponse to produce formatting
objects that I will process at a later point in the application. Or maybe I
won't. Solr isn't my upstream source. The data is relational, but my
indexes are in solr. I could always process the upstream relational data to
produce my PDF reports.

Matt