lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject EmbeddedSolrServer and Core dataDir in Solr 6.x
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2016 17:41:09 GMT
Curious if anyone knows how to create an EmbeddedSolrServer in Solr 6.x,
with a core where the dataDir is located somewhere outside of where the
config is located.

I'd like to do this without system properties, and all through Java code.

In Solr 5.x I was able to do this with the following code:

CoreContainer coreContainer = new CoreContainer(solrHome);
coreContainer.load();

Properties props = new Properties();
props.setProperty("dataDir", dataDir + "/" + coreName);

CoreDescriptor descriptor = new CoreDescriptor(coreContainer, coreName,
new File(coreHome, coreName).getAbsolutePath(), props);

SolrCore solrCore = coreContainer.create(descriptor);
new EmbeddedSolrServer(coreContainer, coreName);

The CoreContainer API changed a bit in 6.x and you can no longer pass in a
descriptor. I've tried a couple of things with the current API, but haven't
been able to get it working.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan