lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <edwinye...@gmail.com>
Subject Faceting on both Parent and Child records in Block Join Query Parser
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 06:55:25 GMT
Hi,

Is it possible to do nested faceting on both records in parent and child in
a single query?

For example, I want to facet both author_s and book_s. Author is indexed as
a parent, whereas Book is indexed as a child.

I tried the following JSON Facet query, which is to do a facet of all the
list of author (in the parent), followed by a facet of all the list of
books (in the child) that are written by the author.

http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/select?q=*:*
&json.facet={
   items:{
      type:terms,
      field:author_s,
 facet:{
by1:{
type:terms,
field:book_s
}
}
 }
   }
}&fl=null&rows=0

However, it only managed to return me the facet of the list of author. I
could not get any results for the list of books. Is this possible to be
done, or what could be wrong with my query?

Regards,
Edwin