lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Davis, Daniel (NIH/NLM) [C]" <daniel.da...@nih.gov>
Subject RE: Solr with logstash solr_http output plugin and geoip filter
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 14:39:09 GMT
Don Tavoletti,

I'm not sure you mean "me" by Daniel, despite that being my name.   There is a LogStash output
plugin to output to Solr:
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/current/plugins-outputs-solr_http.html

For really simple use cases, there is also a LogStash input plugin for JDBC:
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/current/plugins-inputs-jdbc.html

This is not as flexible as the Data Import Handler, e.g. you cannot as easily create sub-queries
to run on each row from a master query, however it is a good idea to create a view, maybe
if you have an RDBMS that supports this, a materialized view, for the document meta-data that
goes into Solr.

If you do need that sort of flexibility to perform sub-queries and transform data heavily,
consider using an ETL tool such as Talend DI, Pentaho (Kettle), or even just Apache Camel.
  As a developer, I prefer Kettle.   For Enterprise Architecture solutions, Talend is supposed
to be really good, but I've never seen it in a really EA deployment.

-----Original Message-----
From: DTavoletti@us.imshealth.com [mailto:DTavoletti@us.imshealth.com]
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2016 10:19 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Solr with logstash solr_http output plugin and geoip filter

Hi Daniel.   I noticed a post you had about using solr_url in logstash.  We just started attempting
to index into solr yesterday.

Previously we were using logstash to index .csv files into elastic search.

I cannot get indexing working into solr.    I can't find any examples of what the conf file
should look like to index a .csv file into solr.

I was wondering if you can help me out?

Thank You!

Don Tavoletti
Senior Software Engineer

********************** IMPORTANT--PLEASE READ ************************ This electronic message,
including its attachments, is CONFIDENTIAL and may contain PROPRIETARY or LEGALLY PRIVILEGED
or PROTECTED information and is intended for the authorized recipient of the sender. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying,
or distribution of this message or any of the information included in it is unauthorized and
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify
the sender by reply e-mail and permanently delete this message and its attachments, along
with any copies thereof, from all locations received (e.g., computer, mobile device, etc.).