lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Reinhard Budenstecher" <rabu...@maills.de>
Subject Re: Re: Config for massive inserts into Solr master
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2016 06:18:55 GMT

> That's considerably larger than you initially indicated.  In just one
> index, you've got almost 300 million docs taking up well over 200GB.
> About half of them have been deleted, but they are still there.  Those
> deleted docs *DO* affect operation and memory usage.
>
> Getting rid of deleted docs would go a long way towards reducing memory
>
> usage.  The only effective way to get rid of them is to optimize the
> index ... but I will warn you that with an index of that size, the time

It really seems to be a matter of size :) We've extended servers RAM from 64GB to 128GB and
raised heap space from 32GB to 64GB and now ETL processes are running for 3 days now without
interruption. That does not satisfy me but it's a solution to keep business running for now.
Is my assumption correct that an OPTIMIZE of index would block all inserts? So that all processes
have to pause when I will start an hour-running OPTIMIZE? If so, this would also be no option
for the moment.

Gesendet mit Maills.de - mehr als nur Freemail www.maills.de