lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: solr 5 leaving tomcat, will I be the only one fearing about this?
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2016 13:39:57 GMT
On 10/10/2016 6:59 AM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
> We also use com.vividsolutions.jts.geom so we need to add this jar
> somewhere. The only places that seem to work are inside the Jetty
> installation because that's where the classloader will find it.
> ${solr.installation.dir}/server/lib or into
> ${solr.installation.dir}/server/solr-webapp/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/

JTS is different than other jars.  If it gets loaded by the Solr
classloader, it doesn't seem to actually work.  Installation of THAT
particular jar is recommended in WEB-INF/lib, so it loads at the same
time as Solr itself.

Pretty much any other extra jar (analysis components, DIH, JDBC driver,
etc) can be placed in $SOLR_HOME/lib and this location will be processed
exactly once during Solr startup, with the jars available to every
core.  No solrconfig.xml <lib> configuration is necessary for jars in
this location to load.  This is the way that I recommend dealing with
jars other than JTS.

For cleaner version control on my system, I create $SOLR_HOME/lib as a
symlink to another directory that I create myself --
$INSTALL_DIR/solrlib ... that way, all binary stuff like jars is in the
*program* version control location, not the *data* location.

Thanks,
Shawn