lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Joe Obernberger <joseph.obernber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: solr shutdown
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 16:10:50 GMT
Thanks Shawn - We've had to increase this to 300 seconds when using a
large cache size with HDFS, and a fairly heavily loaded index routine (3
million docs per day).  I don't know if that's why it takes a long time
to shutdown, but it can take a while for solr cloud to shutdown
gracefully.  If it does not, you end up with write.lock files for some
(if not all) of the shards, and have to delete them manually before
restarting.

-Joe