lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From <hairymccla...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: (solrcloud) Importing documents into "implicit" router
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 08:46:17 GMT
Couple more good links for this:
https://lucidworks.com/blog/2013/06/13/solr-cloud-document-routing/

and
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15678142/how-to-add-shards-dynamically-to-collection-in-solr

(see Jay's answer about implicit routers - it's a better explanation than the docs in my view!)

 Hey,

I hope you all are doing well..

I got a router with "router.name=implicit" with couple of shards (lets
call them shardA and shardB) and got a mysql table ready to import for
testing purposes. So for example I want to load half of the data to
shardA and the rest - to the shardB. Question is - how I can do that ? I
thought this is something to add to the RESTful call when doing import
for example like curl -m 99999
"http://localhost:8983/solr/testIMPLICIT2/dataimport?=command=full-import&implicit=shardA

, but looks like I was wrong.

Thanks