lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Nick Vasilyev <nick.vasily...@gmail.com>
Subject Discreptancy in json.facet uniqe and group.ngroups
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2016 16:07:34 GMT
Hi, I need to get the number of distinct values of a field and I am getting
different counts between the json.facet interface and group.ngroups. Here
are the two queries:

{'q': '*:*',
 'rows': 0,
 'json.facet': '{'mfr': "unique('mfr')"}'
})

This brings up around 6,000 in the mfr field.

However, if I run the following query, I get around 22,000:
 'rows': 0,
 'group': 'true',
 'group.ngroups': 'true',
 'group.field': 'mfr' }

I am running solr 6.1.0 with 4 shards, I ran through some estimates and it
looks like each shard has around 6k manufacturers. Does anyone have any
ideas why this is happening?

Thanks