lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Arslan <iori...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: StrField with Wildcard Search
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 11:32:34 GMT
Hi,

EdgeNGram and Wildcard may be used to achieve the same goal: prefix search or starts with
search.

Lets say, wildcard enumerates the whole inverted index, thus it may get slower for very large
databases.
With this one no index time manipulation is required.

EdgeNGram does its magic at index time, indexes a lot of tokens, all possible prefixes.
Index size gets bigger, query time no wildcard operator required in this one.

Ahmet

On Thursday, September 8, 2016 12:35 PM, Sandeep Khanzode <sandeep_khanzode@yahoo.com.INVALID>