lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Georg Bottenhofer <georg.bottenho...@x75.net>
Subject Issues with Solr 6.2 Backup/Restore feature
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 02:12:58 GMT
Hi.

We have two Systems running in different Datacenters. The second system is a failover system
with about one hour difference in Data what is OK for us.

Until Solr 5.5.3 we used a hack with the „replication/snapshot“-Tool to copy the indizes
over and it worked quite well. A few days ago we upgraded our staging-system to Solr 6.2.0
and wanted to try the new collections backup/restore tool.

First I tried to backup an index with about 50MByte and restored it multiple times to another
solr-system with success. Now I took a copy of the Live-System (about 350MB) and failed.

I run the Backup with:

curl 'http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=BACKUP&name=mybackup&collection=collection1&location=/backup/'

and wanted to restore it the other system after copying the files via tgz to the same directory
structure with:

curl 'http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=RESTORE&name=mybackup&location=/tmp/backup/&collection=collection1'

I pasted a copy of the Error here:
http://pastebin.com/T1C2BxcC

I already tried to get help in the IRC-Channel, but elyograg mentioned I have to post this
at the mailing list, hoping you could give me a clue what I am doing wrong.

All systems are running with:
- Solr 6.2.0
- Zookeeper 3.4.9
- java version „1.8.0_101"
- 16 GB RAM

Thanks for your help in advance.

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Georg Bottenhofer

Kennst du schon WerStreamt.es<http://werstreamt.es>?

Prüfe die Verfügbarkeit von Filmen und Serien
bei iTunes, Watchever, Maxdome u.v.m.

Im Web und als App: https://www.werstreamt.es/

x75 GmbH
Onlinelösungen | Werbekonzeption | Designleistungen

Orleansstraße 45a
81667 München

T. 089 6244 759-63
F. 089 6244 759-860

Georg.Bottenhofer@x75.net<mailto:Georg.Bottenhofer@x75.net>

x75 GmbH
Sitz: Orleansstraße 45a, 81667 München Amtsgericht München HRB 178409
Geschäftsführer: Johannes Hammersen
Ust-Id: DE264251090