lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jon Hawkesworth <jon.hawkeswo...@MEDQUIST.onmicrosoft.com>
Subject solrcloud 6.0.1 any suggestions for fixing a replica that stubbornly remains down
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2016 21:00:53 GMT
Anyone got any suggestions how I can fix up my solrcloud 6.0.1 replica remains down issue?

Today we stopped all the loading and querying, brought down all 4 solr nodes, went into zookeeper
and deleted everything under /collections/transcribedReports/leader_initiated_recovery/shard1/
and brought the cluster back up (this seeming to be a reasonably similar situation to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-7021
where this workaround is described, albeit for an older version of solr.

After a while things looked ok but when we attempted to move the second replica back to the
original node (by creating a third and then deleting the temp one which wasn't on the node
we wanted it on), we immediately got a 'down' status on the node (and its stayed that way
ever since), with ' Could not publish as ACTIVE after succesful recovery ' messages appearing
in the logs

Its as if there is something specifically wrong with that node that stops us from ever having
a functioning replica of shard1 on it.

weird thing is shard2 on the same (problematic) node seems fine.

Other stuff we have tried includes

issuing a REQUESTRECOVERY
moving from 2 to 4 nodes
adding more replicas on other nodes (new replicas immediately go into down state and stay
that way).

System is solrcloud 6.0.1 running on 4 nodes.  There's 1 collection with 4 shards and and
I'm trying to have 2 replicas on each of the 4 nodes.
Currently each shard is managing approx 1.2 million docs (mostly just text 10-20k in size
each usually).

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jon

Jon Hawkesworth
Software Developer

[cid:image002.png@01D1FF1C.25E8DC80]

Hanley Road, Malvern, WR13 6NP. UK
O: +44 (0) 1684 312313
jon.hawkesworth@mmodal.com
www.mmodal.com<http://www.medquist.com/>

This electronic mail transmission contains confidential information intended only for the
person(s) named. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by another person is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, promptly delete it and all
attachments.