lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Settings for DocValues
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2016 18:27:18 GMT
These are orthogonal. The indexed and docvalues
structures are very different. One is useful for
searching and the other is useful for faceting and the like.

If you set indexed="false" and docValues="true", then try
to search on the field you roughly do a "table scan" which
is very slow.

Rule of thumb:
If you're searching set indexed="true".
If you're faceting/grouping/sorting set docValues="true".

Best,
Erick